It is common for most people to desire an Esurance Vs Allstate review. After all, Esurance Insurance was bought out by Allstate in 2011. Both companies are known for their awesome commercials.
We’ve all seen Esurance’s bumper cars, haunted house, and switcheroo commercials. Allstate is known for their Dennis Haysbert commercials and their “Are you in good hands” slogan. Although Allstate acquired Esurance, they are still two different insurance companies which is what I will reveal to you below.
Availability in your state.
One of the worst things is finding out that the insurance company that you desire is not available in your area.
Although Esurance is available in most states. It is not available in all states. Esurance is available in only 43 states. Allstate on the other hand is available in all 50 states. It is important that you compare quotes to see if your insurance provider is available in your state.
Which company offers cheaper insurance rates?
From personal experience I have always been able to receive cheaper insurance quotes from Esurance. Esurance is known for their cheap insurance rates. Although Allstate is known for having a large library of discounts, they did not fare well in ValuePenguin’s insurance affordability study.
In fact, Allstate ranked below State Farm, GEICO, and Progressive. Always remember that rates can differ from person to person depending on a plethora of insurance factors. It is wise for you to compare quotes to find out which company offers better pricing for you.
Which company handles claims better?
It is crucial that you find a company that is able to handle all of your insurance claims well. Choosing the right company can mean saving hundreds in case of an emergency. Or it can mean that you will be left frustrated without any help from your insurance provider.
We will be using J.D. Power to compare claims. In overall claims satisfaction Allstate and Esurance tie with 3 out of 5 stars. Not only do they tie in overall claims, but they also tie in the first notice of loss category, the estimation process, the rental experience category, and the claim settlement process. The only category that they don’t tie in is in the repair process. In the repair process Allstate scored 4 out of 5 stars while Esurance received 2 out of 5 stars.
Esurance has great reviews online. Previously Allstate had mixed reviews, but they have heard the concerns of their customers and they are getting better.
Allstate discounts and features.
- Drivewise – Are you a safe driver with good driving habits? Why not take advantage today with Drivewise? With Drivewise you can earn cash back by limiting late-night driving trips, driving below $80 per mile, and refraining from hard braking. Consecutive days of good driving habits helps you to gain more Allstate points, which helps you to save more money.
- Safe Driving Bonus – Receive a check multiple times a year with safe driving.
- Allstate offers an alternative Pay-Per-Mile service – Milewise is a great option drivers who like to pay as they drive. If you drive less than 10,0000 miles a year, then Milewise can be a great option for you. Driving 58 miles per week can save you 29% per week on car insurance. Rates depend on your driving history, coverage option, history, age, vehicle, etc.
- Accident Forgiveness – Have you ever had your insurance rates increase after an accident? It’s one of the worst feelings in the world. First, you have an accident to deal with and now you have to worry about your rates increasing. With Accident Forgiveness you don’t have to worry about being penalized by your insurance company even if it’s your fault.
- Safety features – Does your car come with anti-lock brakes or anti-theft technology? If so, you could be saving an extra 10% on your premium.
- New car discount – Savings keep on adding up for new car owners insuring with Allstate. With Allstate you will save up to 15% on your auto policy. This offer is only available for those who have a current model vehicle or a one-year old vehicle.
Esurance discounts and features
- The Drivesense program – With Drivesense you will be able to receive personal discounts based on your driving habits. With Drivesense you will immediately save 5% on your policy by signing up. Better driving habits result in more savings. The remarkable thing about Drivesense is that multiple drivers on your policy can be included as well. Drivesense is only available in the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, New Jersey, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, and Virginia.
- Switch & Save discount – With Esurance you can save 5% on your first 2 auto policy terms when you switch to Esurance from another company. Make sure that before making the switch to Esurance, you are still insured with your insurance company.
- Pay-per-mile service. Just like Allstate Esurance also has a pay-per-mile service for drivers who drive less than the yearly average. The only drawback of Esurance’s Pay-per-mile service is that it is only available in Oregon at the moment.
- Claim-Free discount – Claim-free discounts are one of my favorite discounts. For the past 5 years I have maintained a clean driving record. With Esurance if you go 5 years without making a claim you can save 10% – 25% percent off your premium.
- Homeowners discount – Homeowners can save 5% or more on their Esurance premium. Ownership of your home can be proven through property tax records, a mortgage coupon, or a homeowner’s insurance declaration page.
- Good Driver discount – Esurance customers are able to save up to 40% on their Premium for maintaining a driver’s license with 1 or 0 penalty points for the last 3 years.
You will not find local Esurance agents. Esurance sells their insurance policies directly to consumers online and by phone. Allstate has various store locations all around the U.S. This is great for when you have an insurance concern and you want to talk to your agent face-to-face.
The Allststate insurance app is more intuitive than the Esurance app. Not only does it look better and offer more insurance features, but you can also use the app to store photos of personal property with Digital Locker. The only con of Allstate’s app is that many users have complained about the app draining their phone’s battery life.
Which is better?
This is a debatable competition. Both companies are almost identical when we compare features and claims. I believe in this comparison it should come down to which insurer offers you better insurance rates.